Friday 17 July 2015

A Little Bit of Papa

About 2 1/2 years ago Randy's Dad, Papa, bought the kids a trampoline and set it up while they were at school so they came home to a surprise. It was something they all wanted but we never bought one for them. So of course Papa couldn't see them keep asking and us "not making their dream come true." So he approved it with Randy and I and bought one. They were so excited when they came home and saw it. That is a memory they love, Papa was known for surprises. The kids always said the best part of getting gifts from Papa was that he always got things you wanted but then threw other things in there that he thought you would like. Papa left this world 2 years ago and the kids constantly miss him and talk about him. When we were going through things at our house in the US to take, sell and store, the trampoline was a big discussion. Well, we ended up selling it to some good friends of ours knowing that we could get it back when we came back if we really wanted. Yesterday the trampoline from "Papa" arrived. We bought the kids a new one, telling them that that is what Papa would have wanted. The boys and I spent all morning putting it together, sure made me appreciate Randy's Mom and Dad doing it the first time. They played on it for hours yesterday and it was fun to watch.

Kaden being a crazy man!


Any of my friends know I have always wanted a hammock and they make fun of me on the way I pronounce it. Well, my hubby surprised me too yesterday when this came for me! Now I can relax while the kids jump off some energy. Well, if the sun will ever stay out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment