Sunday 17 December 2017

Amsterdam Girls Trip

On May 27th, Abby, my mom and myself along with my friend Aileen and her daughter, Anna,  took a trip to Amsterdam. My Great Grandpa and Grandma were from the Netherlands and my mom always dreamed of going there. Friday we enjoyed a day doing a tour and a bike ride. The tour consisted of a stop at a cheese farm (of course tasting delicious aged cheeses), watching a man make wooden shoes and going through the worlds largest tulip fields in the world in Kop Van Noord Holland which was amazing and beautiful! We also stopped in Bergen, a town along the coast, for lunch at a pancake house which was delicious. We ended the day on our tour with a visit to an ancient working windmill in Schermerhorn, it was a fun day! However, in the middle of the day Randy had texted and called with some very sad news about our son Colin who was being admitted to the hospital for Gillian-Barre Syndrome. Abby and I left on Saturday afternoon to fly back to London to be with our family. Aileen and her daughter stayed with my mom and continued to site see. Someday Abby and I will go back and finish the things we had scheduled to do.


Arriving in Amsterdam

Wooden Shoe Factory & Cheese Farm










Bike Ride

















Our lunch!

The Coast
Anna, Aileen, Dee (my mom), me & Abby



Abby is always finding new sea shells to bring home.




The tulip fields!
















Ancient working mill












No comments:

Post a Comment